13 Fun facts about the Harry Potter films
A new article put together by Wired outlines 13 fascinating new facts about the magical series, giving fans even more appreciation for the spectacular attention to detail that brought the books to life. (The answers by the way: 22 buses and 60-70 wands!)
Some more interesting trivia includes facts on Gringotts coins, Hogwarts uniforms, the Hogwarts Express, Harry Potter’s scar, mythical creatures, Hogwarts rubble, Shell Cottage and the new Boat House.
Harry Potter highlights:
– More than 600 school uniforms were made for Harry Potter
– 40 versions of Salazar Slytherin’s locket were created
– 210,000 coins were crafted for the Gringotts scene in the last two films
– Harry Potter’s lightning bolt scar was applied approximately 5,800 times, 2,000 times on Radcliffe, the rest on stunt doubles
– 200 mythical creatures were made for the films
– 588 sets were built for the Harry Potter movies
– Shell Cottage’s roof was crafted with 4,500 giant scallop shells
– More than 25,000 pieces of clothing were used in the eight-film franchise
– Deathly Hallows Part 2 included 400 teachers and students in the Great Hall, plus 400 Death Eaters and Snatchers
Check out the slide show and more interesting facts at the Wired website.
Fun fact! Jill Amos wrote this story just for you on July 28th, 2011 |